First, the eight reasons I love my oldest:
1. Well, as I already stated the serious, logical side. Kind of that engineer mind, which is so opposite me and probably why I so admire it so much.
2. I love watching D explain things to his little brother and sister.... he's very patient (usually) and very thorough.
3. He is very detail oriented...
4. Which makes him an amazing artist!
5. He is a good friend to everyone. I have never heard him say an unkind word about anyone in his class.
6. He is especially loving to his very best buddies, they hug, have nicknames for each other, it's very cute to watch them together.
7. He's a great eater and has been since he started solids! Very adventurous in the kitchen... nothin' makes a mama more proud!
8. And last, but certainly not least- he is a rule follower- to the T. I really hope this one lasts. Sometimes I even want him to lighten up a little with it (as I tend to be a bender), BUT secretly I hope it continues. Makes my job super easier.
I love you to pieces Big D!! You have taught me so much!! Happy Birthday!!
Ok, now a side note... have you ever been to richwoman.com??? Well, I'm kinda getting into it. And let me tell you, it's been quite an education for my notsogoodwithfinancialchoices head. Things are changing around here. My mom, my sister and I are on our way to learning the financial ropes. I am quite excited about the whole idea that I could really understand this stuff and learn how to make some really wise choices for our family. We have really been to hell and back financially. We have come through A LOT, learned so much. I think it's time to start seeing what our money can really do!! Ladies, check out this site. It is very empowering, especially for stay at home moms like me that may feel a little uneasy about not bringing home any bacon. I feel like this may be my way of contributing, by growing the hubby's bacon, turning that salty strip into a Sunday ham!
I'll keep you posted.