Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bye Bye Frump

OK, I love my little mountainy life and all, but enough with the frump!  I'm so tired of jeans and t's and pretending I'm fine with it.  I'm a WOMAN for heaven's sake, not some rolled-outta-bed college  gal.  

Now what to do?  (this is going to be a work in progress since I don't own any womanly clothing and don't have the $$ to buy it)  

For starters, I'm going to shower and fix my hair today in a real do.  I'm not a hair person, so this small goal should suffice for the time being.
C'mon ladies, do it with me.  We could start a revolution!


“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”

~Coco Chanel
























7 comments:

Crystal said...

I feel the same way since I wear scrubs every day! I've come to LOVE Ann Taylor Loft - stuff there is always on sale and they have petites! There are also these things called Goody Spin Pins (kind of like corkscrew bobby pins) that make up-dos the easiest thing ever. I've been wearing buns low and to the side and get lots of compliments :)

Chinny and Poom said...

I'm with ya sister. I was looking at my rows of gorgeous heels today thinking, when the hell am I going to wear these. Well, you have started a revolution so don't be surprised if I end up at your house wearing a hot pair of shoes and my L.A. clothes.

Aubrey said...

LOVE Ann Taylor Loft for petite ladies!!

worryfreemom said...

I so know what you're talking about!!! Ann Taylor Loft is one of my favorites--love the end of season sales!

But I am really excited to make some new cute clothes for myself. My new friend Holley has a friend who makes the cutest clothes (http://poorpitifulpearlclothing.blogspot.com/2010/09/interesting-person-of-week_13.html) and she is my inspiration. Her etsy store is awesome, but a little pricey for me right now. Plus, I'm excited to do something creative!

The off-the-shoulder ts are super cute, and I'm going to try the patchwork skirts, too. I have some vintage dresses from the 60s, too, that I'm going to turn into skirts. Nothing like a skirt and a sexy top to make you feel more womanly. :-)

Anonymous said...

i've been doing the same thing and I feel so much better about myself!

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, I'm right there with you. I'm the Queen of Frump! I feel like I deserve a vacation when I make myself presentable on a Regular Day. (And that's pretty much the only kind of days I have!)

Not sure if I'm part of your revolution, but I sure like it in theory. :)

Annalis said...

YES! I struggle with this every day and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I recently had a date with destiny and I was relieved that for once I happened to not be wearing my typical yoga pants/ stained t-shirt garb.

Plus, hard as it is, leaving the house looking and feeling good can make your whole day better. Listin to Coco!

Happy Thanksgiving- love reading your blog! <3