Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Kickin' Good Birthday!

Dylan celebrated turning 6 the other day at the Tae Kwon Do place with friends.  He had a blast!  And he got so many great gifts... lots of Star Wars, which is the coolest thing among the kindergarten boys!
He also, got to show all the kids how he can break a board with one solid kick!  A lot of his friends didn't believe him at first and were very impressed ;-)
Even Soren got in on the sparring action and LOVED it... poor little guy, he wants to do Tae Kwon Do SO badly.  This was the first time he was even allowed on the blue mat and he felt very BIG.
Here he is after his match... see the glow in his cheeks?  He's in heaven :-)

Happy Birthday Dylan!!  We all had a great time.  It was quick, fun and easy clean-up since it wasn't at my house- perfect!  I asked Dylan what his favorite part of the day was and he said "the whole thing!".  So, yes, he had a wonderful 6th birthday.  
Today another huge snow storm has come in and we're thinking about doing some sledding. This is the only part of pregnancy that bugs me... when I can't participate with my kids.  I'm 8 mos. pregnant now and I'll do the little hills with Soren, but no big jumps for me... darn it!  
Oh yea, and tomorrow I turn 32... yippeee!  I actually really love getting older.  People have told me that's because I'm not old yet.  Maybe so.  So far, each birthday has been great and I feel better and better.  I'll let you know at what age that all changes ;-)

No comments: