Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sweetheart's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Tonight is date night with my sweetheart and we decided that just being together without the kiddos for a night was romantic enough... no fancy restaurants required!  So, we're out for pizza and a movie tonight and I can't wait.  I've been craving a good slice of pizza lately anyway :-)
Yesterday was my day to volunteer in D's class and it was his Valentine's party.  The first part of the morning we worked on phonics.  The kids were completely not into it and just wanted the party to start, so Ms. K wrapped it up early and Ms. S came in for "creative movement", which is a lot of instruments, singing and dancing.  Well, D has had this little crush for awhile on a sweetheart in his class, so when they had to pick a dance partner he picked her.  The held hands and did the sweetest little dance to an old Valentine song.  When the song was over and they all sat in a circle and I heard D whispering to himself over and over... "I love her, I love her, I love her".  It was too cute!!  And she really is a sweet little girl and plays Star Wars with the boys, what could be better than that!  Little Sory sat by his own little crush most of the day and had a ball.  He loves "L", probably because she's cute and tiny just like him.
I'm so grateful for my sweet husband.  He's the most loving father, hard-worker, loyal, thoughtful friend that I have ever known.  He's always thinking of us first, even to his own detriment at times!  I have to remind him to take time for himself.  I hope he knows how much we love him.
Have a lovely day everyone!!
xoxo

No comments: