Sunday, August 9, 2009

California Dreamin'

Our first vacation with three little kids- quite an adventure!  We were fortunate to be able to spend a few days on the beach.  The boys had a ball, Avi endured it (or maybe we endured her ;)), I loved the cool moist air and Michael got to surf.  All in all it was a success, although I do not recommend vacationing with a four month old.  Michael and I agreed that next time we'll do a mini vacay just the two of us and enjoy some silence!  Here are pics... warning- lots!Hanging at the Malibu Country Mart... my favorite hang out :)
Dylan loves holding his baby sis.
Mommy and Avi
Avi's first time in the sandy-box (as the boys call it)
The view out our hotel balcony... loved it!
Happy surfer boy
Early morning overlooking the water
Soren found this HUGE sandbox and loved it!  Dylan and Michael in the background headed out to surf.

Dylan at the pool.  This pool was so kid friendly with three water slides and a kid jacuzzi.
The boys spent most of their time on the balcony.  There was a wedding going on below and unfortunately for the couple, their honey moon suite was right next store to us.  Excellent birth control.  Soren told me he wanted me to dress like a princess that day so he could marry me... warms my heart.  Then he proceeded to try to pee off the balcony onto the wedding party.  
The La Brea Tar Pits... a place I always wanted to take the boys.  They loved checking out all of the dino bones.  Dylan said, "Mommy, I hope I never get stuck in tar".  He's had lots of little worries lately... killer bees, volcanos, poison ivy... why does God make these things???  I wish I knew!
Trying to pull the stick out of the tar... almost got it ;)
My sweetie
The Fam.!

WE HEART CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Chinny and Poom said...

I love the peeing off the balcony part. Classic little boys. :) We Heart California Too!