Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Our oldest is seven today! I can't believe it, but at the same time I still feel like he's older than seven. There are so many reasons why I love this guy. Here are my top seven:
1. D is very practical. When I explain a decision we've made, he gets it. This makes things SO easy. Of course there are times when he plays lawyer with me and argues miniscule points, but I love this too because he gets very creative with his reasoning.
2. D is a true friend to all. This is the one thing all of his teachers have always said. He is kind to everyone, respectful, welcoming.
3. He's going somewhere. D has always had plans for his future, where he will live, what he will do. I have no doubt in my mind he will accomplish much!
4. He's a health nut :) Loves his raw milk. It's usually pretty easy to get him to eat something if he knows it's good for him.
5. D is a great brother/babysitter. He gives his used toys to Sory all the time (which Sory loves), plays with Avi and carries her around the house for me when I need to get things done. He's so sweet with his little sister.
6. He always does his best work. When completing a homework assignment, he really takes the time to write neatly and turn in a good paper. I admire this about him since I'm sometimes a "just get it done" kind of girl.
7. And last, but not least... D is a great conversationalist... meaning he listens, asks questions, doesn't just do all the talking, which is even a challenge for many adults I know!

Happy Birthday to you Darlin'!!! We are so blessed to have you as a part of our family. You have taught me as much as I've taught you. WE LOVE YOU DILLY DOO!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: