Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quote of the Day

Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. 
~Eleanor Roosevelt 

I think this is one of the biggest lessons I have had to learn.  Maybe it's just part of growing up.  For the longest time I felt like a puppet, like every move I made I was making either for someone or to go against someone.  Not until my late 20's early 30's-ish did I really start to become aware that this is MY life (instead of just yelling in a teenagery way... "IT'S MY LIFE!!!!!).  Call me a late bloomer :)  But, oh is it freeing when you realize you make your own life and if you really listen, your intuition will never lead you astray.  
Why couldn't I have had this kind of "aha" moment in high-school?

No comments: