Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Romantic Weekend Away!

We finally took the plunge, left the Birdies behind and escaped!  I have to say it was probably the most relaxation I have had in the last 10 years.  We talked when we wanted, slept when we wanted, sunbathed, walked, ate lunch slowly... it was pretty remarkable.  And the best part- we had time to appreciate each other.  Another best part- my baby is now officially weaned, but that's a whole other story.

We attended my dear friend Sarah's gorgeous wedding at the Beverly Wilshire.  It felt so good to dress up and be a grown up for the evening.  Sarah and I go way back, which made the night extra special.  I especially loved what her mother said during a toast... "Sarah has always dreamed of getting married, most little girls do.  But, Sarah didn't just want the wedding (fabulous as it was) she wanted the marriage."  I think when things don't go as we hope for in life, there's always that second chance when you get married and start your own family that somehow it will be better.  You will do it different. I know she will.

After a long evening and lots of Jewish dancing (super fun) and kosher drinking (which, by the way, Riesling is NOT kosher) I know because I tried to get a glass and was given the stink eye.  Chardonnay, however, is perfectly acceptable.  Just in case you ever find yourself in my predicament.

The gorgeous view of the hotel from across the street.  I swear, the only thing that got me home was thinking of those three little faces waiting for me.  If I could've overnighted them all to Beverly Hills and stayed forever I think I would have.  Look as those spring blooms?  I mean, where else do you get that at the end of a long dry summer?
Moving on... it has obviously been a ridiculously long time since I have blogged.  I have a full CD worth of summer fun that I am downloading and blogging soon!  I think I'm just going to do one fat long post to sum it all up.  Stay tuned...
One more thing, if you have not read "The Help"- do it!  I know you probably already have.  I think I may possibly be the last person in the lower 48 to give it a whirl.  I usually have a hard time sticking with  a book, but this one grabbed me from the get go and hasn't left me since.  I have laughed and cried and learned so much and wondered so much.  On the cover someone wrote "if you only read one book, let this be it".  I think I would have to agree.

1 comment:

Chinny and Poom said...

No, I'm the last person in the lower 48 because I haven't read it and probably will never find time too. Cute pictures with the cute hubs. You both look amazing and RESTED. Amazing what sleep will do for us. Glad you had fun and a moment to yourself.