Sunday, January 24, 2010

Storm 2010!


Would you believe no one in our little town had seen a storm like this since 1967? I feel lucky to witness something so breathtaking. I never grew up in snow, so this was definitely the most I'd ever seen.  Just incredible!  This was our driveway.  Lucky for us, our neighbor bought a snow blower and was so generous to help us out.  I really don't know how the hubby could shovel 5 ft. of snow!

Our backyard!  Do you see the fence?  Neither do I.  The snow is almost reacing the top of our 8 ft. fence!  The sandbox to the right will most likely not be accessible until June.

And the lovely front yard.  Our big tree almost completely swallowed up by white stuff.

A sad ending.  A great local bookstore and one of my favorite fabric shops collapsed under the weight of the snow, along with several other businesses including our local ice rink.  Nobody that I know of was injured.  Still, sad to see these great businesses gone in the blink of an eye.
OK, I hate to end on a sad note, so guess what? After a week of being home bound with the kiddies, school resumes tomorrow!  Hallelujah!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tami N said...

Wow...is all I can say. A little part of me is sad that I missed experiencing some Flagstaff history but I think I would've been miserable stranded out in Doney Park. I will live vicariously through all my friends blogs and facebook pics. Miss you.