Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Before

I thought I would be fun to photograph our home after only living here a month, before we start on the projects we want to eventually tackle.  I love seeing the before and after.
I know there will always be something that needs work, but when we moved in this house was pretty much just right for us.  Luckily, there were only a handful of things that we knew right off the bat we would want to change and that would be fairly easy, but would make a big difference.  
This summer our big job will be the back yard.  
Right now it is a blank slate, which is great because my Hub loves yard work and landscaping.  
It's like meditation for him.

Welcome home!  It's so nice to have a place to call our own.  Down the road (like WAY down the road) I think we want to repaint the exterior more of a sage green color to blend in better with our surroundings.  But for now, baby blue it is!
Really strange door in our master bedroom.  It doesn't quite belong and leads to nothing.  Right now it just takes up our very limited wall space.  Maybe we could fill it in with dry wall one day?


Front yard.  Can't wait to plant some trees and some greenery.  Maybe grass.

This back wall of our eating nook I would love to make one giant slider.  I think it would add more light to the whole area and it would be nice to look outside once we have landscaping.

Now this is the first project this summer.  The backyard.  We want to put in a grass lawn for the kids and trees and bushes along the fence to spruce it up.
And me in our master bedroom. Excited for the possibilities here.  Maybe a headboard?  A bench at the foot of the bed?  Curtains?  I want it to feel relaxing and romantic.  All in good time.


No comments: