Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Seriously So Blessed"

Anyone heard of this blog???  Well, I read it this morning and I have to admit it is... seriously so funny, but I could see where they they were coming from.  Some of these blogs and holiday cards can be a little much.  I'll be the first to confess, I tend to put our life's highlights not "lowlights" into my blog and holiday letter because I feel like SERIOUSLY who wants to read about someone else's bad life... unless it has a funny twist of course.  Trust me, I in no way try to sugar-coat life.  I am am optimist though and truly feel most things aren't worth getting that down about.  I try not to give negativity a whole lot of my energy.   I don't mean to make light of any of very sad or difficult situations.  I know some of these cause real suffering and I have empathy for those in these very tough situations.  My sister was bothered with me the other day because I don't share my problems.  She said my life seemed "bullet-proof".  Seriously, I don't have any huge problems going on.  At least nothing that warrants gabbing about.  My life is not "bullet-proof" and believe you me I have had plenty of ups and downs (like everyone else).  I could complain a ton about the injustices of my life or I could... count my many blessings... name them one by one (that was for you, lds friends ;-))  and move on.  Check out seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com if you want to laugh and if you are lds you may find it even more seriously so funny!

No comments: