Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Gets Me Through...

(First verse of Come Come Ye Saints)
Come, come, ye saints, no toil nor labor fear;
But with joy, wend your way.
Though hard to you this journey may appear,
Grace shall be as your day.
’Tis better far for us to strive
Our useless cares from us to drive;
Do this, and joy your hearts will swell
All is well! All is well!

Even though I am inactive LDS, the songs I grew up singing in church have become the soundtrack to my day.  They are what get me through life and I am SO grateful I have such wonderful words of wisdom to fall back on when the days are long.  I think of the pioneer women coming across the plains, losing babies, being hungry, sick and cold and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for this life.  No matter what challenges we face we are all extremely blessed.  I always think of the song "Come Come Ye Saints" when I think of my ancestors and their determination and optimism.  I also love "Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel"... Put your shoulder to the wheel, move along, do your duty with a heart full of song... and "Love is Spoken Here" when I'm feeling not especially loving!  

1 comment:

iamwonderwoman said...

I LOVE this song it makes me cry everytime to sing it...