Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009


The big morning was finally here! The kiddies barely slept a wink the night before. I don't think I've ever seen them so excited, but this year Santa was bringing some pretty big ticket items... a Wii and for D and Sory and a Nintendo dsi that D has been wanting forever. When I asked him how much these things cost, his reply was "don't worry Mama! Santa just makes it!" Of course he does :)

Miss Avi modeling her cute little crochet hat with flower. This is probably the last time she will ever wear it. She's been pulling hats off left and right these days.

Sory and his favorite color changing Hot Wheels. Good job Santa! Sory played with this the entire day.

And the proud owner of a Nintendo dsi... these are actually very amazing. Like a mini computer. I kind of want one myself.

We had a wonderful Christmas with the family and Grandma Ann and Grandpa Ran. It was so nice having them here as always. We opened presents followed by my famous Christmas morning egg and sausage casserole. That afternoon we enjoyed a delicious "linner" of prime rib, cranberries, salad, baby broccolini and Grandpa's famous scalloped potatoes. Then it was a plate full of goodies and my honey's famous cherry pie for dessert. My mom found us REAL lard from pastured pigs. Hubby baked the pie crust using the lard and it was the best pie crust I have ever tasted. Nothing like the real thing! And I must mention that Christmas eve we enjoyed Grandma's famous gumbo. She also used the pastured lard and I have to say, that girl knows how to make a gumbo. THE BEST GUMBO EVER :)
I am oh so grateful for the wonderful food we are able to share and the amazing family I have been blessed with! Happy Christmas everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: