Monday, December 7, 2009

The Stew Verdict

It's a hit! Ate our Yellow Split Pea, Kale and Sausage stew tonight. We used our homemade turkey stock instead of the water. It was so rich and flavorful. Also, a dollop of Straus Plain Whole Milk Yogurt on top. Delicious! My kiddos even liked it. And next time definitely soaking my yellow split peas. I didn't and they took twice as long to cook.

Still blizzarding outside. Time to curl up and dream of sugar plums :)

Ok, one last easy recipe before I retire...

Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale chopped, stems removed
Spread over a baking sheet
Drizzle with olive oil
Sprinkle with sea salt

I baked at 375 for about 15 minutes. They came out light and crispy. A perfect little snack or appetizer. (thank you to my neighbor for sharing)
Enjoy!

No comments: