Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

I'll admit I'm not the least bit sad to see you go.  You have been a "trying" year to put it nicely :)  BUT, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" right?  I'm still standing... hopefully a little wiser, a little more kind, a little more patient (working on it) and thankful, thankful, thankful for all that I have.  Despite 2009 being slightly horrid, I was blessed with the gift of a baby girl.  Having this precious angel has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl.  And she's finally here... the silver lining on our cloudy year :)
Thank you to my dear husband for continuing to amaze me with your humility, generosity and selflessness.  Thank you to all of my beautiful children for choosing us!  I know I'm not always the most patient mama, so thank you for your sweet hugs and thoughtful and cute little things you do and say to cheer me up.

Tonight Dylan said, "mama, don't worry... I understand"
me-  you do?
D-  yep, you just really need daddy around, don't ya?
me-  laughter :)

Today, after endless driving (long story, maybe later) Sory (tired of being strapped in the carseat) said, "mama, may I be "scused?".  We've been trying to get the boys to ask to be excused when they are finished with dinner, so I was totally tickled to hear him ask to be "scused" from the carseat :)
They really are listening... even when it seems they're really not.

To celebrate 2010 I thought I'd reminisce a little and write 10 things I was doing 10 years ago.  Boy how life has changed!  Here goes:

1.  I was living in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
2.  I was a nanny to two small boys who were a HANDFUL!
3.  Everyone was worried about Y2K :)
4.  One of my best friends died of a drug overdose
5.  I was wanting to move to NYC
6.  I was in a faze where I was constantly comparing myself to other girls and wondering where my life was headed.  I wondered "why is Shoshanna Lonstein so successful at such a young age and here I am in limbo?  Am I making a mistake being here?"  The the lady I worked for told me two things I'd never forget.  First, NOTHING you do in your twenties is a mistake and second, it's all about timing and who you know.  OK, Shoshanna definitely must have a few connections, right?  at least it made me feel better at the time.
7.  That whole crazy Emilio Gonzales (little boy who floated on a life raft from Cuba) thing was going on, especially crazy living in south Florida.  The city was so divided.  Cuban flags in some areas, American flags in others.
8.  The "Thong Song" was huge.
9.  Hurricane Floyd was a near direct hit!
10.  Lots of lessons learned during my time there.  Opened my eyes to a whole other world.

"There are some years in our lives that we would not want to live again. But even these years will pass away, and the lessons learned will be a future blessing."


Happy New Year!!!!!

1 comment:

Chinny and Poom said...

Love you girl. This will be our year! I love the 10 year look back. I think I may post that next. :) Shoshanna Lowenstien...so funny...well let's see she was married to a mega rich, super successful, not so handsome husband at the time which means, endless funds to do whatever she wanted. ;)